Part Time Youth Shelter Residential Staff
Want to make a difference in the life of a child?
In this role, you’ll be working with 12 to 17 year old youths in a short term residential setting. As a member of our friendly team, you’ll develop and supervise activities, counsel and encourage youth, and keep accurate records. You’ll be working part time with a possibility for advancement.
You’ll have the opportunity to help provide youth shelter and counseling with the goal of returning then with family or finding another safe residence. You’ll also have an opportunity to gain paid experience in the non-profit and social services field.
You’ll have formal experience working with youth or you’ll have college education in behavioral or social science or a related field. You’ll be able to pass a DSHS criminal background check and drug test. You’ll also be required to complete paid orientation training including CPR/First Aid (provided by us). You’ll have flexible work availability including days, evenings, overnights and holidays. You’ll be at least 21 years of age. Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Mental Health Therapist – Deer Park School District
Full time/year-round position, providing outpatient mental health services to Medicaid eligible youth and families enrolled in Deer Park Middle School. Service modalities include, but are not limited to intake, brief intervention treatment, family treatment, group treatment, individual treatment, case management, medication monitoring, and therapeutic psychoeducation.
Essential Skills and Experience
- Graduate degree in counseling, behavioral sciences, or related field.
- Two years’ experience working with mentally ill and emotionally disturbed youth and their families under the direct supervision of a MHP/Child Mental Health Specialist.
- Ability to obtain Washington State Mental Health Professional credential.
- Department of Health credential
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Licensed Mental Health Counselor/Social Worker
- Child Mental Health Specialist
Certified Peer Counselor
Part time (20 hours per week) Certified Peer Counselor position available at outpatient mental health and substance use disorder treatment agency.
- Certification by a WA State certified Peer Counselor Training Program
- Ability to obtain Agency Affiliated Counselor Registration from WA Department of Health (existing credential preferred)
- High school diploma or GED
- Personal experience as a consumer of mental health services
- Ability to establish relationships with peers/ excellent interpersonal skills
- Detail-oriented with good organizational skills
- Ability to network within the community and work with diverse populations
Must be able to pass pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Please send resume and letter to apply.